Sunday 3 December 2017

PLANNING: Character development

Lesson 01/12/17

Hot Seat Interview

Today in class we dedicated the majority of our time filming our hot seat interview with the Robotica CEO, Martin. We worked together to form a script which the interviewer and interviewee would follow.


After creating the script, we began setting up the cameras in the room where the interview would take place. We set up 2 cameras which would allow us to use the film technique, shot reverse shot. This would allow us to create a more realistic and effective looking interview.


In addition, I came up with the idea of using clip on microphones for the interview, this would make it sound much more professional and less grainy audio which can really spoil the effect. As a result of this, I took up the time to research for 2 decent quality clip on microphones. I searched through Amazon before finding the ideal product (shown below).











Filming

When filming we used 2 cannon 750D cameras as well as our new clip on microhones which we plugged into our phones and recorded using the voice memo app. We then sent the recordings to my laptop where I then uploaded it imovie and replaced it with the original grainy audio.


We recorded in 2 areas, the first being the interview room and the second being a door 
which Max would walk through at the intro to give it more effect.





Editing

Once we finished filming, I edited the clips and audio using imovie on my mac.

I decided to create a fairly dramatic intro to build up tension and suspense. To do this, I went on YouTube to look for a royalty free track with a heartbeat sound in it. Once I found the perfect track I downloaded it using a YouTube MP3 converter.




After finding the audio I needed, I first made it a priority to replace the camera audio with the much clearer clip microphone audio. After this was done I then started to edit the footage. I used different crops and black fades in time with the heart beats to create a sense of anticipation. Next, I continued to edit the shot reverse shot technique between Max and I in the interview once the questions were asked and answered.


At the end of the video I ended it with a slow-motion clip of followed on by a fade to black which I thought created a nice exit.





















Below is the final video of our Hot Seat Interview



No comments:

Post a Comment

WELCOME MODERATOR

LUCA STEFANUTTI CANDIDATE NUMBER 1556 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL Welcome to my blog! I worked with RICHIE BATEY 1574, MAX ...