Thursday 7 December 2017

EVALUATION: MY TARGET AUDIENCE & HOW I ENGAGED THEM

I needed to plan how to reach my target audience. As a result of this, I needed to know who they were. Factors that I had to research were age, gender, ethnicity and social class. In addition, I needed to research what their media needs were so that I could produce a product that they will want. Finally, in order to market our movie, I had how to reach them. I will show how my research has influenced my planning. 

I started by investigating how brands define audiences in preparation for creating my own audience profile for our production. For example, I saw how Bauer Media, NME and Sky defined audiences. This helped me profile my audience. As part of distributing my film, I have devised marketing strategies, such as reaching out to my target audiences through a film website, Facebook page, Twitter page and Instagram.  Furthermore, to profiling my audience, I worked out why they enjoy the genre. Why would they want to watch my film? What makes my film different from competing films? How will my film appeal to the viewing needs of my target audience?


1. Who is my primary target audience?
– British, Male and female aged from 15-35 who love sci-fi and adventure films

2. What kind of films and television are they likely to prefer?
– After doing some film research we discovered that the film Morgan” would seem like a popular movie for our target audience. It’s a story about a bio-generated girl created by human however things didn’t go quite as planned as she ended up turning lethal and dangerous. 


3. What platforms do they choose to watch films and where are they likely to see information about films?
– Our audience is most likely to enjoy a film in the cinema most likely on IMAX as they can experience the true richness and quality of it.



4. What brands do they prefer? (food, clothing, media)
- As shown below in my mood board, I did some research into some brands that our audience would like. For food, I used places I enjoyed such as Starbucks, KFC, Costa etc. For clothing, my age group and I agreed that our preferred shops are Topman/Topshop, Supreme, Palace etc. Finally, for media, My fellow peers and I all love films like Star Wars (George Lucas) and Morgan (Luke Scott). In addition we are the first film in just under 17 years to solely focus on A.I as the last film to do so was Steven Spielberg's “A.I. Artificial Intelligence” from 2001.



5.What makes my film stand out from the competition?
- The reason our film stands out from the competition due to the fact that we're currently experimenting with A.I and it is a topic which has recently gained popularity thanks to icons such as Mex Tegmark in his book “Life 3.0” and even Elon Musk. This makes our film a little more believable and realistic unlike other farfetched films such as Morgan or Star Wars.





1 comment:

  1. Excellent presentation of your work on your target audience.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME MODERATOR

LUCA STEFANUTTI CANDIDATE NUMBER 1556 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL Welcome to my blog! I worked with RICHIE BATEY 1574, MAX ...