Tuesday 30 January 2018

CONSTRUCTION: Coffee Shop Scene


Today in class we filmed the last scene which we needed to film (excluding green screen clips). that in this scene we observe Luke and Toni talking about the development of Rick and how far they have got with enhancing his technology, Toni continues to warn Luke about Rick having an “Unstable processor” after the alterations and that he can develop “violent tendencies”. Luke quickly brushes off the comments by telling Toni that he’ll prove that Rick is safe at dinner.

I discussed my idea of filming our scene in a coffee shop on our group chat, which is our main source of communication. The idea came about after our trip to London and when editing the clips, I realised our plot needed more depth for the audience to understand our film. Our original idea was to go to Costa, however due to filming rights we ended using an area in our school which looked similar to a coffee shop and also meant we could use extras to add to the realism.

Just before the scene, I developed a short script for me and Tom to follow which included some key points which would help the audience to understand what’s going on. We needed to use a shot-reverse-shot camera angle to capture both angles of Tom and I talking so our camera man, Max, positioned the camera in 2 different angles to get the shots we needed. In addition, we also used over the shoulder technique to display our characters in more detail.



To film the audio of our clips, Tom and I used our iPhones with the voice memo app. This made the audio sound clearer and crisp compared to the camera microphone. When editing, I matched the audio up with clips and added various sounds including traffic and various city ambiences that I downloaded off YouTube, these made our scene seem more like it was filmed in public. Furthermore, I added some fast tempo music in the background which gave the scene more effect. I downloaded the Royalty Free music off Epidemic Sound  






1 comment:

  1. Excellent presentation with graphics that really deliver the information smoothly.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME MODERATOR

LUCA STEFANUTTI CANDIDATE NUMBER 1556 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL Welcome to my blog! I worked with RICHIE BATEY 1574, MAX ...