Wednesday 7 February 2018

CONSTRUCTION: Green Screen



On the 24th of January in class, we filmed the green screen scene for our intro which involved Max in a conference discussing the release of Rick. I directed and shot the scene in addition to setting up the green screen. As cameraman, I bubbled the tripod using the built-in spirit level and made sure Max was in shot as I was editing the scene. The green screen includes two poles which clips to the actual green cloth, just before filming I realised that there was a lot of wrinkles in the green screen which meant that when editing it wouldn’t be as clear and would show marks. To fix this I made Tom and Richie stretch out the green screen, this eliminated all wrinkles which meant it came out very clear (as shown in picture below).

Me Editing the clips on iMovie



Today in class we filmed the other green screen which was Charlie White, an extra we incorporated, on the green screen playing the role of a news reporter presenting the news that Martin Bethan had announced the news of Rick on the Robotica website which I also created using photoshop, and that he was releasing this news to the world. Similar to the last green screen we filmed, I helped set everything up in addition to writing Charlie’s script for his scene. I wanted to make sure that the audience understood what our film was about, so I made it clear that Robotica had announced the release of Rick.



Furthermore, when editing the piece, I added a news banner as well as a background of a news studio which I created using PowerPoint. To record the audio, we used voice-memos on my iPhone which I then Airdropped to my iPhone and then uploaded to iMovie.

The News Studio which I created using powerpoint 

1 comment:

  1. Excellent use of greenscreen technology to create the News Studio scene. You organised the shoot carefully and ensured that the different elements were in place, such as the company website, news studio and appropriate casting. The edit is most convincing, with a smooth integration of the realistic set, the news braodcast and the sound effects.

    ReplyDelete

WELCOME MODERATOR

LUCA STEFANUTTI CANDIDATE NUMBER 1556 CLAREMONT FAN COURT SCHOOL Welcome to my blog! I worked with RICHIE BATEY 1574, MAX ...